Last Updated: January 31, 2019
Table of Contents:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING INFORMATION
- SECURITY MEASURES
- EU/EEA VISITORS
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Information We Collect
Your privacy is important to us and we attempt to not collect more information from our you than is necessary for us to provide the Services. Certain data we collect may be defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”). To enable us to provide our Services to users, users need to provide certain categories of data (which may include Personal Data), such as user name, address, phone number, and email address. To provide the Services to our software subscribers we may have access to the respective purchaser’s name and email, coupled with the product or services they purchased from our customer as related to transactions occurring through a cloud marketplace.
We may record certain activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns, buyer behavioral patterns and equipment information. In addition, we may gather statistical information about the Services and visitors to the website including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- verifying your eligibility to register as an Authorized User of the Services;
- processing your registration as an Authorized User, providing you with a log-in credentials for the Services; and maintaining and managing your account;
- providing you with customer service;
- providing the Services to our subscribers;
- performing research or statistical analysis to improve the content and layout of the Services, and to improve our product offerings and services;
- Cookies or other similar technologies may be used (see section E. COOKIES below). Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes; and
- We may also use your Personal Data for other purposes such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Information
Your Rights Regarding Information
We use “cookies” to store specific information about you. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or mobile device to access the Services, our web servers will be notified of your visit and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage. The cookies will enable us to remember your information, so you do not have to re-enter it every time you use the Services.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to set your web browser controls to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted. Keep in mind, certain features of the Services depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
The Services, websites and all its content are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. If a minor has provided us with Personal Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order have the information removed from our systems.
We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Services, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold. For Authorized Users of the Sites, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session. No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
1. Legal Basis for Data Processing
- If we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Services, manage our relationship with you and communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our Services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of ensuring the security of our Services, and detecting or preventing illegal activities such as fraud. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- We retain your Personal Data if we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact details provided under section J. HOW TO CONTACT US below
2. Your Rights
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under section J. HOW TO CONTACT US below:
- The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests, and separately the right to object to direct marketing.
- The right to ask us, in some situations, to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under section J. HOW TO CONTACT US below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 208-296-5765 with any questions regarding this policy.